The Meals Security Authority of Eire (FSAI) made 9 Closure Orders and one Prohibition Order on meals companies for breaches of meals security laws throughout final month.
A few of the causes for the Enforcement Orders in January embrace a useless rodent discovered within the kitchen of a medical evaluation unit, rodent droppings discovered behind kitchen tools, an lively cockroach infestation and black mould evident in meals storage containers.
The Chief Government of the FSAI mentioned that it highlighted the necessity for meals companies to implement a rigorous pest management system.
“Pests and bugs can pose a grave threat to human well being. Our inspectors are discovering recurring incidents of filthy premises and rodent infestations in meals companies,” mentioned Dr Pamela Byrne.
“Implementing and sustaining a pest management system is a fundamental requirement, and is of the very best significance for meals enterprise operators.
“They’ve an obligation of care to their clients to serve meals that’s fit for human consumption. There is no such thing as a excuse for unhealthy follow.”
A few of the different factor discovered by meals security officers included uncooked fish for use in sushi merchandise was saved subsequent to uncooked hen within the chilly room; frozen fish defrosting at room temperature; insufficient pest proofing of exterior drains of a medical evaluation unit and workers hygiene practices posing a threat to meals security.
- January Enforcement Orders
- 5 Closure Orders have been served beneath the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Sabore Nordetino Dublin (Restaurant/Café), Moore Avenue Mall, 58 – 66 Parnell Avenue, Dublin 1
- Indias Style (Take Away), Bridgewater Corridor, 17 – 19 Summerhill Parade, Dublin 1
- King’s Chinese language Take Away, Foremost Avenue, Daingean, Offaly
- Orient Specific (Take Away), Foremost Avenue, Bruree, Limerick
- The Quays Restaurant, 10 – 12 Temple Bar Sq., Temple Bar, Dublin 2
- 4 Closure Orders have been served beneath the EC (Official Management of Foodstuffs) Rules, 2010 on:
- Sushida (Take Away),(Closed exercise: The storage, dealing with and preparation of sandwiches and sandwich fillings (together with however not restricted to making ready sandwiches, wraps, stuffed baguettes and different comparable objects and the slicing of cooked meats and cheeses), Unit 1, Malpas Court docket, 116 – 117 Clanbrassil Avenue Decrease, Dublin 8
- Hokkaido (Restaurant/Café) (Closed exercise: The preparation, storage and sale of sushi and related merchandise), 15 Foremost Avenue, Celbridge, Kildare
- Huge Chunk (Take Away), Foremost Avenue, Dunshaughlin, Meath
- Our Woman’s Hospital (Closed space: Kitchenette Medical Evaluation Unit & Kitchenette Feminine Medical Ward), Athboy Street, Navan, Meath
- One Prohibition Order was served beneath the EC (Official Management of Foodstuffs) Rules, 2010 on:
- Miss Match Enterprises Restricted, Unit 14, Block P Greenogue Enterprise Park, Rathcoole, County Dublin
- Through the month of January, two prosecutions have been taken by the HSE in relation to:
- Mr. Kebab (Restaurant/Café), Foremost Avenue, Ballybunion, Kerry
- Ned Natterjacks (Restaurant/Café), West Foremost Avenue, Castlegregory, Kerry